Last updated on 12/13/2012
The following field list provides directions and suggestions for configuring your Web Page settings.
- Website Title –Sets a global, default title for all web pages on your site. The Title attribute displays on a webpage’s browser tab and appears as the first line of Google Search results. For better search engine results, the Title attribute can and should be defined for each page of your website. For more information: SEO.
- Meta Description –Sets a global, default Meta Description for all web pages on your site. The Meta Description attribute is displayed under the Title in search engine results. For better click through rates, the Meta Description attribute can and should be defined for each page and article of your website. For more information: SEO.
- Meta Keywords–DEPRECATED.
- Meta Head – Sets global header tags to add to the top of all your webpages. Examples: Meta tags for website validation in Yandex and other search engines, or custom scripts that will execute on all pages. Click here to learn more. DO NOT enter the Google Tracker code in this field – use the Google Tracker field below.
- HTML Footer - Use to add global tracking codes to your website, such as for Hubspot. The tracking code is included at the bottom of all pages, within the <body> tag.
- Google Tracker –Enter a Google Tracker code so Google can track and report on website visits. Sign up for Google Analytics to get a tracking code. Click here to see how. The code is a hyphenated alpha-numeric string in the format UA-XXXXX-XX. Example: UA-10234567-89.
- Google Map API Key–Enter a Google Maps API key for use on this domain to embed maps. Refer to Google for the key.
- Stats History –DEPRECATED.
- RSS Cache–Enter how often RSS feeds are refreshed. This helps to remove unnecessary server load. Default is 600 seconds (10 minutes).
- Quick Edit – Select Yes for system to show 'edit this...' links on the public website when the admin is logged in to the admin panel. Select No if you do not wish to view Quick Edit icons when logged in as admin.
- Mobile Home Page – If using a special home page for mobile devices, enter the specific home page to display.
- Sitemap Domain – Enter a domain for your sitemap as either www.example.com or example.com, depending on how the map was submitted to Google. If you entered your sitemap with the leading “www,” you must include it or Google will fail the sitemap.
- Canonical Domain – If using multiple domain names, this indicates the primary domain name to use. If you do not use multiple domain names, leave blank. Entering a canonical domain prevents your website from being flagged as a “content farm” if you point multiple domains to your website.