Managing Your IP Black List
Last updated on 10/1/2012
Use the IP Blacklist to filter unwanted visitors' comments. Blacklisted visitors will not be permitted to post comments or complete forms on your website.
Blacklisting an IP
From the Managing Website toolbar, click Add New IP Black List and complete the fields as follows and Save:
- Active – Check to activate the black listing.
- IP Address – Enter a specific IP Address or enter a Range of addresses (see below).
Blacklisting an IP Range
Click Add New IP Black List, and complete the fields as follows and save:
- Active –Check to activate the black listing.
- IP Address – Enter the desired beginning portion of the address. For example, to block all IP addresses that begin with 166.216.1, enter 166.216.1. Remember to include the trailing dot.
Whitelisting an IP Address
If you create a range of black listed IP Addresses, you may need to unblock or whitelist specific, acceptable addresses that overlap with the range. Click Add New IP Black List, and complete the fields as follows and save:
- Active –Check to activate the white listing.
- Is White-Listed – Select to allow, or white list, the specific IP Address that overlaps with a blacklisted range.
- IP Address – Enter the specific IP Address to white list.
Modifying a Blacklisted or Whitelisted IP Address
- To modify a blacklisted IP address, return to the IP Black List list screen and click on the desired IP Address link or Edit button to open the dialog box. Make changes and save.
- Alternately, click a Live Edit option to modify a specific IP Address attribute directly in the list view and click the Save icon when finished. For more information: Live Edit.