3 - Creating a Blog Post
Last updated on 3/12/2013
Creating a Blog Post
Blog posts are created from articles you assign to the blog or news category. You must have a blog template deployed on your site. If you do not have a blog template and wish to have us set one up, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To create a blog post:
- Create a new article. (See Lesson 1 - Creating a New Article)
- When the Article Editor opens, complete the fields below:
- Active - Select to display your post on the website.
- URL - Enter a short URL.
- Hide Date - Leave unchecked.
- Headline - Enter a headline/title for your post.
- Body - Enter your post text.
- Category - Select blog or news, as your configuration dictates. (See 4 - Creating & Managing Categories)
- Media Tab - Select image(s) to display in your blog post.
Here is an example of a Blog Post.
All of the articles shown are assigned to the blog or news category. The template controls how the blog listings will appear.