LVSYS Community Forum Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct applies to all users of the LVSYS Community forums.
The LVSYS Community forums are designed for individuals 13 years of age or older.
As a participant of these forums you agree that you will uphold this Code of Conduct, and are responsible for all activities and content you post/upload.
In addition to upholding this Code of Conduct, you are responsible for adhering to all applicable local and national laws.
These are your forums. Help us to keep it safe, friendly, fun and helpful.
- Be polite and respectful in your posts, and in your replies to other people.
- Keep conversation threads on track. It's okay to disagree with another user's post, but don't take the thread off track to do so. Always address your comments to the person who asked the initial question, not the other posters. In-depth discussions can be held in the feedback forum if necessary.
- Cite the source of anything you post or upload, if it isn't your own original content. Be honest about your sources.
- Keep it clean. No profanity, obscenity, insulting or bigoted comments please.
- Search to see if a question you'd like answered has already been posted by somebody else. Posting the same question repeatedly and starting multiple threads on the same subject can be confusing.
- Report any kind of abuse you find in the forums. You will find "Report abuse" links in every post and in every profile.
- Divert or change a thread for your own purposes; just start a new thread with the subject you want to discuss.
- Post questions that are the same or similar to questions you have already posted. When someone has an answer to your question, that person will respond to you.
- Threaten, stalk, insult, victimize or intimidate anyone (or group of people) for any reason; including on the basis of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race or religion.
- Incite other users to threaten, stalk, insult, victimize, or intimidate another person or group of people.
- Harass, insult, tease, or correct other users about the grammar used in their posts. Good or bad grammar isn't the point-the forums are about getting questions answered.
- Post content depicting nudity of any sort, including full or partial photographic human nudity, or nudity in cartoons, fantasy art or manga.
- Post chain letters.
- Link to websites that require payment to access information.
- Post links to external sites that violate this Code of Conduct.
Things that will get you immediately banned from this forum:
- Posting content that is intended to harm or exploit minors in any way, including collecting the personally identifiable information (PII) of any minor (anyone under18 years old), including, but not limited to: name, email address, home address, phone number, or the name of the minor's school.
- Invading anyone's privacy by attempting to harvest, collect, store, or publish private or personally identifiable information, such as passwords, account information, credit card numbers, addresses, or other contact information without that person's knowledge and willing consent.
- Posting content or links to content that is illegal or violates any applicable local or national laws.
- Posting or spreading viruses, worms, malware, or other software intended to harm another user's computer.
- Impersonating an LVSYS employee, agent, manager, host, administrator, moderator, another user, or any other person through any means.
- Pirating LVSYS software or products, or offering pirated software or products for sale, including posting product keys.
- Specifically violating LVSYS licensing or terms, such as posting content or links that will install 3rd party tools, or evade security measures built into the software.
- Promoting or otherwise facilitating the purchase and sale of ammunition or firearms.
- Posting 'spam,' 'pyramid schemes,' 'affiliate marketing,' or unsolicited commercial advertisements of any kind, including advertising for money making schemes, discount cards, credit counseling, online surveys or online contests.
- Attempting to manipulate the forums, including ranking and reputation systems, by violating any of the provisions of this Code of Conduct, colluding with others onvoting, or using multiple profiles.
- Offering to make international money transfers for amounts exceeding the asking price of an item, with intent to request a refund of any portion of the payment.
- Using any form of automated device or computer program that enables the submission of postings without the express written consent of LVSYS Corporation.
Forum User Cautions
- Be very cautious about accepting direct help from another user. If that user suggest she use Remote Assistance to help you, be aware that he will have access to your computer, and that your computer could be hacked.
- If you volunteer to help another user through Remote Access, be very careful not to harm their computer in any way, or to access information that is not openly made available to you. Abuse of Remote Access will not be tolerated, and will result in your being banned from the forums.
- Please be careful with your personal information. If you post your email address in any forum, it may be used for any purpose by the general public, as this is a public forum.
- Don't post information that could be used by others to steal your identity, like your street address, your phone number, your social security number, or your credit card number.
Termination and Cancellation
LVSYS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, and without any obligation to do so, to review and remove user-created services and content at will and without notice, and delete content and accounts. LVSYS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to permanently ban participants or terminate access to the forums.
Rights and Responsibilities
- We encourage you to not share information that others could use to harm you. We encourage parents to be aware of and help exercise control over content posted by and activities of their children to keep them safe online.
- LVSYS is not responsible for the content of any user-created posting, listing or message. The decision to view content or engage with others is yours. We advise you to use your judgment.
- You are responsible for protecting your computer against interference, spyware or viruses that may be encountered. We recommend you install a virus protection program on your computer and keep it up to date.
- You may use the Report Abuse link to report violations of this Code of Conduct.
- LVSYS reserves the right to amend or change the Code of Conduct or any service at any time without notice. We encourage you to periodically review these guidelines to ensure you are in compliance.
- Some information you provide or upload to the service may be stored outside of the country in which you reside.
- You acknowledge that you are a volunteer participant in the LVSYS Community forums and that you may discontinue your participation at any time. Nothing related to your participation will be construed as creating an employer-employee relationship, a partnership, joint venture, association, or agency relationship, or as a limitation upon LVSYS's right to terminate your access as foreseen above, or upon LVSYS's discretion, to terminate your access as provided herein. You assume all risk for your use.
- You understand that posting content or submitting material is voluntary, and you are under no obligation whatsoever to provide any submissions or contributions. You are solely responsible for your dealings with any third party that relates to your use of the forums, or any information or materials you obtain from a third party.
- No Compensation.LVSYS shall not be obligated to provide, and you have no expectation of receiving, any compensation in any form for your voluntary participation in the forums, or for your submissions or contributions.