Configure the behavior of the Article plug-in.
Last updated on 9/28/2012
- Push Headline into Meta Tags - Leave this at NO. Setting this to YES is not recommended– this practice has been deprecated.
- Allow Comments–Determines whether readers are allowed to comment on your articles. You may choose between moderated or unmoderated comments. Permission can be overwritten at the article level.
- Member Comments–Select Only Members to restrict comments to members only. You must have the Member module installed.
- Notify Commenters – Select Yes to send an email to every person who adds a new comment to a story.
- Email Notifications–Select Yes to receive an email notification each time a comment is added to an article. This option is recommended so you can keep track of comments posted to your site.
- Email Address–Enter an alternate address for receiving article posting notifications. If left blank, the email address in Email Settings is used.
- Display Captcha–Select Yes to require comments to be validated by Captcha forms. This recommended option prevents spammers from posting automated comments.
- Size of Excerpts–Specify number of characters to display for excerpts (typically 200 characters). Must be between 50 and 400.
- Most-Read Limit –Enter number of days in the past the system pulls published articles to appear in the Most Read box. Articles published in the last X days will appear. The default is 30 days. Articles older than the period specified will be ignored. Choose a number between 1 and 365.
- Most-Commented Limit–Enter number of days in the past the system pulls published articles to appear in the Most Commented box. Articles published in the last X days will appear. The default is 30 days. Articles older than the period specified will be ignored. Choose a number between 1 and 365.
- Category Limit–Enter a number of days in the past the system pulls published articles to appear in category pages. Articles published in the last X days will appear unless the articles are set to Show Always. Articles older than the period specified will be hidden. Defaults to empty (OFF). Leave this setting empty or at 0 if you want to show all articles in category pages.
- RSS Feed Name – Enter a name for your RSS feed. If left blank, defaults to “yoursitename.com–News”.
- RSS Feed Desc. – Enter a phrase or sentence that describes your RSS feed. If left blank it will be set to “yoursitename.com–News”.
- Search Page – Select a specific page template that search results should be sent to. If none is selected, search results are sent to the page configured as the default for the “Article” plugin (see Web Pages).
- Private Message – This setting applies to articles where the Private field is selected. Enter a message to display when articles are restricted to members only. This option applies only to websites that have been programmed with a member login.